Help Slow Food NYC realize all of its extraordinary good, clean, fair food initiatives that help shape the way the City eats in 2014!
Consider making a 100% tax-deductible contribution, either for yourself or in someone's honor, this holiday season.
DONATE TODAY!: www.SlowFoodNYC.org/donate
We Could Not Do It Without You
It is hard to believe an entirely volunteer-run and supported organization accomplishes all of this and so much more. Even if you cannot donate at this time, we want to THANK YOU SO MUCHfor supporting Slow Food NYC in 2013 and hope to see you at one of our events in the New Year!SFNYC Initiatives Include:
- Urban Harvest in Schools: Logistically and financially supporting 17 NYC schools building and maintaining school gardens, providing cooking classes and operating student-run "farm stands" increasing awareness of the importance of good food to health.
- Urban Harvest Gardens: A seed-to-plate, healthy eating educational garden program in East New York reaching 150 kids annually as well as the wider community.
- Slow U Fellowship: Select high school students take part in food and farming opportunities to help produce a new generation of food-active individuals who will help to change for the better the way our nation and, indeed, the world is fed.
- Slow U Events: Talking, teaching and tasting our way through the good, clean, and fair food revolution that is helping us reclaim the food chain.
- Book and Film Events: Free events raising recognition and awareness for books and films that discuss, educate and celebrate healthy eating and just food systems.
- Policy Education: Keeping our membership abreast of current food & farm policy issues.
- Snail of Approval: Recognizing restaurants, bars, food/beverage artisans and markets that contribute to the quality, authenticity and sustainability of the NYC food supply.
- Producer's Matrix: A system for farmers, fishermen and processors to directly link to retailers, chefs and buyers creating an alternative supply system that preserves the values of good, clean and fair food.
- Slow Grants: Helping rural & urban farms grow and recover from disasters.
Donate Today: www.SlowFoodNYC.org/donate